Our workforce is a pivotal part of the NHS Long Term Plan (LTP). People are one of the NHS’s greatest strengths and it is essential they get the support they need to continue delivering the best possible care.
Find your nearest AHSN
To deliver the LTP and Interim People Plan we need to make the best use of our skills and resources - including new types of roles, richer skills mixes and harnessing new innovations and technology to release time for patient care.
We have great relationships with a range of regional and national stakeholders in healthcare, academia, the third sector and industry that we have successfully brought together to meet specific workforce challenges.
‘There is remarkable potential for digital healthcare technologies to improve accuracy of diagnoses and treatments, the efficiency of care, and workflow for healthcare professionals, but implementation must only be carried out when there has been robust clinical validation’ The Topol Review: Preparing the healthcare workforce to deliver the digital future
How can innovation help?
Opportunities offered by innovation include
- Digital technology in primary care matching activity with resources
- Models for transforming the way we think about workforce and roles
- Systems that contribute to reduced absenteeism, staff turnover and presenteeism
- Agile ways of working and using digital technologies efficiently
We are seeking to identify a wide range of innovations in addition to the above that can support health and social care systems in transforming our workforce to deliver the needs of our patients and staff in the long term – if you have something to offer, we’d like to hear about it so please email email@example.com
Desired impact / outcomes
The desired outcomes of this work are to:
- Bring together and showcase what works and what is possible to support health and care professionals and system leaders in developing their plans.
- Enable innovators to identify opportunities to collaborate in order to further accelerate change.
- Provide a forum for system leaders, healthcare practitioners and patients to articulate outstanding needs.