Serendip® Incubator and Accelerator Programme
The introduction of digital technology has brought about massive changes to our working lives and the way we interact with other people and organisations. While many industries have embraced digital working, healthcare has yet to fully capitalise on these opportunities. Through our Serendip® Incubator and Accelerator Programme the WMAHSN proactively supports the growth of start-ups that are passionate about addressing the challenges faced by the health and social care economy.
Find your nearest AHSN
The introduction of digital technology has brought about massive changes to our working lives and the way we interact with other people and organisations. While many industries have embraced digital working, healthcare has yet to fully capitalise on these opportunities.
Through our Serendip® Incubator and Accelerator Programme the WMAHSN proactively supports the growth of start-ups that are passionate about addressing the challenges faced by the health and social care economy.
WMAHSN aims to leverage its health, commercial and regulatory expertise to help start-ups to access and become successful businesses in the Life Sciences sector.
What is Serendip®
Serendip® is based on the philosophy of shared learning and networking on those serendipitous moments where individuals meet, share ideas and develop their business ideas. Many of our Serendip tenants have been through many challenges during their early phases and we hope that you can learn from their experiences.
We select those start-ups that demonstrate the values and passion to change the future of health and social care delivery through digital technology.
What are the benefits?
Sitting in the heart of iCentrum in Aston, Birmingham, the Serendip® Incubator is an incredible space to accelerate the growth of your tech or digital start-up. Your start up business will benefit from the expert advice and support of the WMAHSN. This includes:
- Relevant links to clinicians and decision makers
- Free attendance and presenting opportunities at WMAHSN events
- Advice and support on relevant health and social care opportunities
- Identification and sharing of relevant funding opportunities
- Introductions to relevant businesses to support product / service development
- Provide bespoke commercialisation support through our partners at Medilink West Midlands
- Specialist advice and support across clinical, regulatory and healthcare
In addition the iCentrum provides all of our tenants with:
- Free high-tech office space for 6 months and opportunity to tranisition into our accelerator programme
- Mentoring from experienced entrepreneurs
- Specific start-up and innovation focused workshops
- 30 Gbit internet connection
- State of the art demonstration screens (wireless streaming direct from mobile devices for easy product demonstrations, planning meetings etc.)
- Incredible 180-seat presentation auditorium with 7m+ wide HD presentation screen. (Ideal for large scale demonstrations, talks and product launches
- Brand new resident cafe
- Access to over 100 evening and networking events per year
What are the requirements to apply?
1. Are a start-up SME with an early stage health and well-being innovation
2. Have a clear, scalable value proposition addressing a defined health and social care challenge
3. Are willing to relocate your business to the iCentrum
4. Are keen to learn from clinicians, techies, and health and social care managers
Then we encourage you to make an application today.
How do I find out more?
If you would like to know more about the Serendip® Incubator and Accelerator Programme please contact click on the 'Add Contact below' and someone will be in touch to discuss this opportunity further.
How do I apply?
Ready to apply? Click on the link : https://www.innovationbham.com/digitalhealthwm
Applications will be reviewed by the team within 72 hours and if successful you will be invited to interview.
Alternatively please complete a contact form through our Meridian Innovation Exchange and someone will be in touch to discuss this with you further.